Anderson Downtown Historic District
Also known as: 095-015-46000Roughly Meridian St., from 10th to Conrail RR and first blk W of 11th and 12th Sts., Anderson, Indiana
West side of the 1000 block of Meridian St.
Photo taken by Jim Allen in Dec. 2012
+40.10370, -85.6795840°06'13" N, 85°40'46" W
Quadrangle map:Anderson South
The Paramount Theater & the Tower Hotel, were previously listed in the NRHP.
Two of the contributing buildings, the Brock Apartments & the Charles Miller Building, were gone by 2013.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 19, 2006
- Reference number
- Architectural styles
- Victorian: Italianate; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; et al.
- Areas of significance
- Architecture; Commerce; Transportation
- Level of significance
- Evaluation criteria
- A - Event; C - Design/Construction
- Property type
- Historic functions
- Multiple dwelling; Post office; Business; Professional; Rail-related; Meeting hall; Theater
- Current functions
- Multiple dwelling; Civic; Business; Professional; Financial institution; Auditorium
- Periods of significance
- 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
- Number of properties
- Contributing buildings: 32
Non-contributing buildings: 10
- January 9, 2014: New photos from Jim Allen
- August 10, 2013: New photo from Jim Allen
- April 4, 2013: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description
- April 4, 2013: New photos from Jim Allen