Franklin Falls Historic District

Roughly bounded by Bow, River, School, Aylers Sts. and Winnipesaukee River, Franklin, New Hampshire

Photos 

Tilton-Franklin RR trestle

The contributing structure in the district.

Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2018

Enlarge

Map 

Street Views 

Description 

This district includes the Sulphite railroad bridge, previously listed on the National Register.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 19, 1982
Reference number
82001691
Architectural styles
Mid 19th Century Revival; Victorian; Other architectural type; Vernacular Commercial
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Architecture; Invention
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Multiple dwelling; Manufacturing facility; Specialty store; Government office
Current functions
Government office; Specialty store; Manufacturing facility; Multiple dwelling
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Significant years
ca. 1840; 1930
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 90
Contributing structures: 1
Contributing sites: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 14

Update Log 

  • June 5, 2018: New photos from Jim Allen
  • June 4, 2018: New photos from Jim Allen
  • February 27, 2015: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett

Related landmarks 

Sources