KCS Leesville Depot

Also known as: Museum of West Louisiana
Louisiana Ave. and 3rd St., Leesville, Louisiana

Map 

Street View 

Description 

From nearby historical marker:

"The Mission Revival style Kansas City Southern Depot opened in 1916. It symbolizes the great Vernon Parish lumber boom of the early 20th century. Closed in 1968, Kansas City Southern leased the Depot to Vernon Parish. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Today, it is the center piece for The Museum of West Louisiana."

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 25, 1984
Reference number
84000080
NR name
Kansas City Southern Depot
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Mission/Spanish Revival
Area of significance
Industry
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1916

Update Log 

  • August 15, 2018: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources