Edgerton Depot

Also known as: Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Depot
20 S. Main St., Edgerton, Wisconsin

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

The late afternoon sun casts some long shadows but adds some interesting color to the brick structure.

Edgerton was once the tobacco capitol of the world and many a tobacco buyer came here through this station.

There is a former tobacco warehouse across the tracks from the station. The Pomeroy and Pelton Tobacco Warehouse is to the right, just slightly to the north of the station. Another former tobacco warehouse is behind the photographer. More tobacco warehouses are along the tracks, just beyond the station, to the northwest.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2012

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 13, 1998
Reference number
98000283
Architectural style
American Movement
Areas of significance
Architecture; Transportation
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction; A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Current function
Museum
Periods of significance
1925-1949; 1900-1924
Significant years
1906; 1907; 1938

Update Log 

  • July 26, 2012: New photos from J.R. Manning

Sources