Lodi Arch

Also known as: Mission Arch
Pine St., Lodi, California

Map 

Street View 

Description 

"LODI ARCH - Designed by architect E. B. Brown and built in 1907 for the Lodi Tokay Carnival, the arch served as an entrance into Lodi and a symbol of agricultural and commercial growth. Essentially unaltered since construction, the structure is one of few remaining Mission Revival ceremonial arches left within California." - California Historic Landmark No.931

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 17, 1980
Reference number
80000848
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Mission/Spanish Revival
Areas of significance
Commerce; Architecture; Agriculture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Street furniture/object
Current function
Street furniture/object
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1907

Update Log 

  • March 28, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical information
  • December 28, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources