100 Bancroft Street
Overlooking the I-80 bridge over the Missouri River to welcome westbound travelers to Nebraska
Kenefick Park is high on a hill, overlooking the I-80 entrance to Nebraska.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in December 2006
+41.23338, -95.9186541°14'00" N, 95°55'07" W
Quadrangle map:Omaha South
Kenefick Park was relocated in 2004 from downtown Omaha, where it opened in 1891. The move was made in order to accomdate construction of the Qwest Center Omaha.
Kenefick Park is adjacent to Lauritzen Gardens, home of the Omaha Botanical Gardens. Named for former CEO of the Union Pacific Railroad, John Kenefick, the park is home to two of the largest railroad locomotives ever built.
- February 11, 2022: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- July 16, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added Tag: National Historic Mechanical Engineering Landmark
- July 7, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added Tag
- July 3, 2010: New photos from J.R. Manning
- July 2, 2010: Added by J.R. Manning