Also known as: OMC Plant 1200 Sea Horse Drive
A n old factory that is now subdivided into offices and testing for BRP.
+42.36383, -87.8196142°21'50" N, 87°49'11" W
This building was built in 1926 for Johnson Outboards. It is located along the waukegan beach.In the 50's OMC aquired Johnson and added a large addition to the building in 1959. When OMC went bankrupt in 2000, BRP aquired the Evinrude/Johnson brnd and plant #1. Plant # 2,3,and 5, built in '59 were/are being demolitioned. Plant 4, a branch building a mere 200 yards from Plant 1, is now a private office building. BRP has plans to leave the building in December 2011. Waukegan then wants to remove all industry from the beach.
- March 12, 2017: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS Coordinates
- June 25, 2011: Updated by Nick Brnot: Cleared all privacy problems... sorry
- October 28, 2010: Updated by Nick Brnot: Got rid of harmful info
- July 12, 2010: Added by Nick Brnot
- Nick Brnot
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com