Charles Ilfeld Building

224 N. Plaza, Las Vegas, New Mexico

Photo 

View of Building

Photo taken by Rick Mattioni in April 2009

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Erected in two stages, in 1882 and then more than doubled by 1890, the Charles Ilfeld Building is representative of the town's continued role as a trading center and its increased prosperity after the American Civil War and the coming of the railroad. The Ilfeld Company shifted from retailing into a wholesale and warehouse operation to accommodate changes in the market economy after the depression of 1893 -- Historic American Buildings Survey

Update Log 

  • January 19, 2018: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • July 27, 2010: Added by Rick Mattioni

Related landmarks 

Sources 

  • Rick Mattioni
  • HABS NM-207 - Charles Ilfeld Building
  • Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com