Greenup Ave. at 17th St., Ashland, KY
+38.47897, -82.6377138°28'44" N, 82°38'16" W
"Settled by 1799 by members of the Poage family of Virginia. Known as Poage's Landing until named in 1854 for Henry Clay's Lexington estate, by the owners, Ky. Iron, Coal and Manufacturing Company. It engaged M. T. Hilton to lay out a town, then auctioned lots. City incorporated by act of Ky. Legislature, Feb. 13, 1856. Presented by the City of Ashland."
- April 23, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger