Ford House Historic Marker

A Mississippi Historic Marker at Hwy 98 and Hwy 35 in Columbia, MS

Photo 

Ford House Historic Marker

Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn

Map 

Description 

The text on the marker reads: Ford House Located 16 miles south, is the oldest house in the Pearl River Valley. Built by Methodist preacher, John Ford, who came in 1805 from S.C. Here Pear R. Convention met in 1816.

Update Log 

  • November 29, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn

Sources 

  • Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com