Camargo - 1847

Hwy 45

A Mississippi Historical marker on Hwy 45

Photo 

Camargo - 1847 History Marker

Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn

Map 

Description 

The text on the marker reads:

Camargo - 1847 2 mi. NW was the flourishing port of Camargo, named by Veterans for thier Mexican war camp. The town had a steamboat landing, schools, cemetery, and church. Confederates won a skirmish here, July 14, 1864.

Update Log 

  • December 4, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn

Sources 

  • Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com