A Louisiana History Marker in Winnsboro, Louisiana
Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn
+32.16550, -91.7137232°09'56" N, 91°42'49" W
Franklin Parish was created on March 1, 1843, from portions of Ouachita, Catahoula, and Madison Parishes by Act 41 of the State Legistature sponsored by John Winn. Land for the centrally-located Parish Seat, "Winnsborough" was purchased in 1844 and the first courthouse was built here on a favorite site of bear hunters.
- August 12, 2018: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- January 10, 2012: Added by Jeff Lovorn
- Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com