Lamb Block

Also known as: Lamb Block Medical Building
10 Depot St. Livermore Falls

Photo 

1895 Lamb Block, designed by George Coombs; 10 Depot St. Livermore Falls

Photo taken by Brian Bartlett

View this photo at panoramio.com

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Criterion C: Architecture Local significance.

The Lamb Block in Livermore Falls, Androscoggin County, Maine has been listed in the National Register for its local architectural significance. The three-story brick structure located on the north side of Depot Street was designed by George M. Coombs and built for John F. Lamb in 1895 to house the hardware business Lamb owned with his son-in-law, A.W. Stuart. It is a classic example of a late 19th century downtown commercial structure with first floor storefronts, second floor professional offices, and a large, third floor meeting hall. The use of brick, cast iron, and terra cotta for exterior materials is also characteristic of commercial architecture of this period. It was the first substantial brick commercial building in Livermore Falls, and is the first of several important buildings Coombs designed in the town in the late 1890s.

Update Log 

  • November 18, 2016: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett
  • June 28, 2014: Photo imported by Brian Bartlett
  • December 17, 2013: Added by Brian Bartlett

Sources