Barnett Hospital and Nursing School
1201 Seventh Avenue, Huntington, WV
Historic African-American hospital and nursing school in Huntington, WV
+38.41741, -82.4372738°25'03" N, 82°26'14" W
A historic hospital and school building located at Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia. It is a three story, rectangular building measuring 29 feet wide and 100 feet deep. It features a low-pitched, Mediterranean-style, hipped roof with clay Spanish tile. The original building was built as a frame dwelling, with subsequent additions in 1912, 1918, and 1925. The hospital was opened in 1912 by Dr. Clinton Constantine “C.C.” Barnett and served the African American population of Huntington. The Barnett Nursing School opened in 1918. The hospital closed in 1939. The Trustees of International Hod Carriers’, Building and Common Laborers’ Union owned the building from 1947 until 2007.
- December 16, 2014: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- February 13, 2014: Added by Michael Miller
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com