Hiram Gurley Crawford House
Also known as: Adams Insurance AgencyN. Park St. Dahlonega
Photo taken by pam phillips in August 2015
+34.53327, -83.9848334°31'60" N, 83°59'05" W
Plaque on building reads:
The earliest known commercial use of this c. 1872 storehouse was a confectionary shop opened by Hiram Gurley around 1880. It was called Crawford House for Gurley's in-laws, who lived upstairs. Dahlonega Welcome Center occupied the street front office for 25 years.
When Norman Adams purchased the aged structure, inspectors reported that the axe-hewn, heart-pine sills were still solid. The building has housed Adams Insurance Agency since 1981.
- November 17, 2015: Updated by Michael Miller: Corrected "GPS Coordinates" and Added "Street View"
- August 26, 2015: Added by pam phillips
- pam phillips
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com