Bank of Dahlonega
Also known as: Dr. Homer Head Medical Office, The Humble Candle42 E. Main St., Dahlonega, Georgia
Photo taken by pam phillips in August 2015
+34.53239, -83.9842434°31'57" N, 83°59'03" W
Plaque on building reads:
Dr. Homer Head erected this building in 1910 to house his medical office upstairs and the Bank of Dahlonega on the main floor. The old bank vault and a rare cannonball safe are still visible. The structure is made of concrete blocks molded on the exterior to resemble hewn stone. W.B. Fry, former owner of the Smith House, purchased the property in 1963 for his Dahlonega Loan Company. Since 1986 various businesses have rented the building.
- November 18, 2015: Updated by Michael Miller: Corrected "Name", "Alternate Names", "Address", "GPS Coordinates" & "NRHP Listing" (Part of Dahlonega Commercial Historic District) & Added "Street View"
- November 18, 2015: Updated by Michael Miller: Corrected "Name", "Address"
- August 26, 2015: Added by pam phillips
- pam phillips
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com