A frame building known as "The Market House" was located on the site by the 1840s. In 1941 Woodmen of the World purchased the lot and erected a brick building to house the Dahlonega Post Office on the ground level and W.O.W. meetings and functions upstairs. W.O.W. member Carl Southwell drew the plans for the building. After the Post Office moved to a new location in 1965, the W.O.W. rented the downstairs shops. Kathy Aerts purchased the business in 1997 and renamed it "Cranberry Corners". Two large wooden racks used for sorting mail in the Post Office now displays merchandise.