Colonials Club House

217 Ash Avenue, Ames, Iowa

Photo 

217 Ash Ave edited-1

Photo posted to Wikipedia by user Dagwin57

License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)

View this photo at commons.wikimedia.org

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Originally built in 1910 as a fraternity house for the Colonials Club, this building became the home of Theta Delta Chi, when the Colonials joined that national fraternity in 1919. The Colonials Club House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places because its Colonial Revival styling and architectural detailing is unparalleled among Greek residences in Ames. (taken from http://www.iowahistory.org/historic-preservation/tax-incentives-for-rehabilitation/state-tax-credits/15_04HPCED_Projects_Awarded.pdf)

Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 2, 2009.

Tags 

Ames, Iowa (19)
Brick (42,464)
Built 1910 (1,125)
Built during 1910s (8,849)
Colonial Revival (5,251)
Have Street View (47,383)
House (27,757)
Iowa (2,526)
Story County, Iowa (37)

Update Log 

  • November 26, 2015: Added by Dave King

Sources