Northern Pacific Railway Depot

Also known as: Northern Pacific Railway Museum
10 Asotin Avenue, Toppenish, WA

Mission Revival style railway depot built in 1911

Photos 

Northern Pacific Railway Depot

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2009

Enlarge

Description 

The Toppenish railroad depot was designed by the firm of Reed and Stem, Architects in the Mission Revival style and built by the Northern Pacific Railway in 1911. It served as Toppenish's passenger station until 1961 when service was discontinued. The depot was no longer of use to the railroad and it was boarded up in 1981. It was reopened as the center piece of the Northern Pacific Railway Museum on July 4, 1992.

Update Log 

  • July 20, 2021: New photo from Carl Johnson
  • May 17, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources