Colonial style meeting house completed in 1793 demolished in 1834
First Presbyterian Meeting House
From Troy's First Hundred Year's, A.J.Weise, 1889
"Jacob D. Van der Heyden, having given the congregation in Troy three lots on the south side of Congress Street, fronting on First Street, the erection of a plain wooden meeting house, forty by sixty feet, was begun on the middle one, in the summer of 1792. For framing and inclosing [sic] the building, the contractors... were paid £46 13/, York money, in cash and £93 7/, in European and West India goods, at Troy retail prices." Services were first held in the building on March 8, 1794. - Troy's First Hundred Years, A.J. Weise, 1889
In 1834, the Trustees of The Presbyterian Church deeded the land to the city and the meeting house and a session house built on the site in 1819 were razed and the property enclosed with a wrought iron fence to form Seminary (now Sage) Park.