Schenectady County Courthouse

108 Union Street, Schenectady, NY

Greek Revival style courthouse built in 1831

Photos 

Schenectady County Courthouse

Photo HABS/HAER 1936, courtesy Library of Congress

Enlarge

Description 

This building served as Schenectady County's courthouse from 1831 to 1915. It also housed the Schenectady City Hall from 1831 to 1881. The building housed the city board of education from 1915 on and later offices of a medical insurance group. It was renovated for apartments in 2005.

Update Log 

  • March 21, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • March 21, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody