Robinson's Ferry

No longer exists
CA Hwy 49 (MP 0.6), 5.4 mi S of Angels Camp, CA

Ferry crossing the Stanislaus River established 1848 abandoned in 1911

Description 

"ROBINSON'S FERRY - In 1848 John W. Robinson and Stephen Mead established ferry transport for freight, animals and persons across river. In 1856 Harvey Wood purchased interest and later acquired property which was maintained by Wood Family until 1911. Charges were 50 cents for each passenger, horse, jenny or other animal." - California Historic Landmark No.276

Update Log 

  • March 29, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody