Tuttle Building

304 N Main Street, Butte, MT


Tuttle Building

Photo taken by Richard Doody in June 2019



Street View 


This three-story brick building with brick arches and rusticated stone trim was designed by Butte builder J. C. Martin for the Tuttle Manufacturing and Supply Company. Tuttle supplied parts and machinery for local mining operations. Marcus Daly bought out Tuttle in 1896 and changed its name to the Anaconda Copper Mining Company Hardware Department. The building housed the General Offices of the Anaconda Company in the 1940s was purchased by the Montana Power Company in the 1970s.

Update Log 

  • November 29, 2021: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Mapped landmark
  • June 30, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • June 30, 2019: Added by Richard Doody