6005 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, Missouri
Closed Wabash Railroad station
Taken by Charles Fulton, July 2018
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
+38.65523, -90.2943638°39'19" N, 90°17'40" W
Built in 1928-1929 during grade depression to eliminate grade crossing at this location. Station operated as an alternative to St. Louis Union Station for transfer between Wabash trains until 1970, when it was closed by Wabash successor Norfolk and Western. Sold in 1983 to Mewhinney Corporation, a lighting supply firm, and again in 2002 to Delmar Loop developer Joe Edwards, with partial ownership given to Washington University in St. Louis in 2016.
- November 5, 2019: New photo from Nathan Hopper
- November 5, 2019: Added by Nathan Hopper