Historic Amtrak Station
"This Missouri Pacific depot was built in 1923 by the railroad’s E.M. Tucker, this traditional brick station building provides a waiting room for passengers as well as housing Washington’s Visitor Center and the Mid-Missouri Fine Arts Gallery. Outside, the wide eaves of the hipped roof, with their decoratively braced brackets, flank the central closed gable on the street side and the extended bay for the station manager on the track side. The bay’s second story is capped by an octagonal roof, and darker brick quoins decorate the red brick exterior. While the station is included in the city’s historic district, it is not identified as historic in itself.
In 1999, with $600,000 in state and city funds, the city restored its station and created a railroad heritage park, at a cost of $47,000. A further $271,000 was spent on a hike and bike trail originating at the depot."