Avon Combination Depot

136 Simsbury Road (Bldg. 15), Avon

Combination depot built by the New York & New Haven RR about 1848-1850

Photos 

CT RS 17 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in May 2019

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The New York & New Haven leased the New Haven & Northampton RR ("Canal Line") in 1848 and built this station to serve the town of Avon. It has been moved about a half mile north of its original location to the Riverdale Farms Shopping Center. It is now occupied by The Hair Loft of Avon.

Update Log 

  • May 2, 2021: New photos from Chester Gehman
  • May 2, 2021: Added by Chester Gehman

Sources 

  • Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com