East Avenue Schoolhouse
Also known as: Center District Schoolhouse, Downtown SchoolMill Hill Park, East Wall Street, Norwalk
One-room schoolhouse built in 1826 and served as a school into the 1870s.
CT SH 99 01
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in November 2021
+41.11743, -73.4094841°07'03" N, 73°24'34" W
The school was originally located near an earlier schoolhouse that was burned down by the British in 1779 during the Revolutionary War. Moved to Mill Hill in 1971 by the Norwalk Historical Society.
- November 24, 2021: New photos from Chester Gehman
- November 24, 2021: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com